POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Parse Error : Parse Error Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Parse Error
From: James Holsenback
Date: 18 Nov 2013 13:57:32
Message: <528a631c@news.povray.org>
Wanted to see if anyone else could duplicate before I file a bug report
.... I'm getting this parse error:

File '/users/ash/POV-Ray/Includes/3LTable_POV_mat.inc' line 16: Parse Error:
  Expected 'undeclared identifier', macro identifier found instead
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

After troubleshooting it turns out that:

#declare MetalMaterial = fails and #declare MetalMateria = passes ...
according to docs up to 40 characters allowed ... hmmm that can't be it.
Have I bumped into a reserved declaration????