POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TC Legends Round TillXao : Re: TC Legends Round TillXao Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC Legends Round TillXao
From: clipka
Date: 17 Nov 2013 13:04:18
Message: <52890522$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.11.2013 17:49, schrieb MichaelJF:

> But my picture will be an abstract one. I know that abstract and surrealistic
> images have a problem within a community focused at photorealism. But one can
> craft a lot of more images beyond the photorealism limit with POV. And I will do
> so again and again. Here is an update.

I think there's no inherent conflict betweem photorealism, as I
understand it, and surrealism.

Look at paintings from Hieronimus Bosch, for instance - his famous
depictions of hell were quite close to what I would call photorealistic,
except that the figures depicted were pretty... weird, to say the least.

My understanding of photorealism is that, for instance, that the rust on
your buoys looks like real rust, that the jester's cap looks like made
from real cloth, and that the owl in the mirror looks just like the
mirror image of a real owl would, except that we just can't see the owl
directly.

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with raytraced images being surreal
- as a matter of fact I think surrealistic images with photorealistic
details make for a great contrast.

As for abstract, your image just isn't.