POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Almost home for tea : Re: Almost home for tea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Almost home for tea
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 16 Nov 2013 19:50:54
Message: <528812ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2013 16:40, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Believe it or not but the basic scene settings for this image have been
> in existence for several years. Often those kind of things never reach
> completion.
>
> Macros are kindly acknowledged:
> SkySim by Scott;
> Fastclouds by Zeger Knaepen;

oh my.. I remember about a year ago I promised a new version of that
fastclouds.. I never completed it, partly because I needed a POV-Ray
feature that's not there: pigment-fog.. like a distance-faded
sky_sphere, which I believe scott actually put in a POV-Ray patch.

Maybe someday I'll still complete it.

Now, concerning the image :) I really love it!  I actually have been in
a very similar situation where I was riding my bike to work and I looked
back, and I saw a huge dark rain cloud coming my way. I tried to go
faster to get to work before the rain reached me, but it just came too
fast :) I was soaking wet when I got there :)

Looks like mr Big Hat has a bit farther to go though :)

cu!
--
ZK