POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Assessment : Re: Assessment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assessment
From: scott
Date: 15 Nov 2013 04:07:43
Message: <5285e45f$1@news.povray.org>
> If it were noticed that I was only pretending to work, I'd probably be
> fired on the spot. That doesn't mean that my work is critical to meeting
> deadlines - it's just that, why would you pay somebody to do nothing?

Why would you pay someone if the work they are doing doesn't contribute
to meeting deadlines?

The only answer is if they are hoping that in the future you *will* be
able to do work that is critical to meeting deadlines. And given two
people, one who says "i wrote code last year" and another who lists out
his own personal deadlines and how he met them, guess which one is more
likely to get promoted (or be successful in applying for another job)?