POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Assessment : Re: Assessment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assessment
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 13 Nov 2013 17:13:44
Message: <5283f998$1@news.povray.org>
>> Basically, for the best part of ten years, all I really did was swap the
>> backup tapes once a week.
>
> But you could have done more?

Not really. Once HQ started to get involved, they seemed to perceive me
as some kind of incompetent moron [which, oddly, is how I perceived them
- based on actual *evidence*], and they seemed keen to take as much
control away from me as possible...

>> Not really. There is no long-term plan. We just show up each day and
>> mungle on with writing the code. Deadlines don't really exist.
>
> So if you only pretend to work for the next 3 months and don't actually
> write any code, nobody will care? I find that really hard to believe.
> Where does the company get its money from to pay your salary?

If it were noticed that I was only pretending to work, I'd probably be
fired on the spot. That doesn't mean that my work is critical to meeting
deadlines - it's just that, why would you pay somebody to do nothing?