POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray version 3.7 released : Re: POV-Ray version 3.7 released Server Time
16 May 2024 04:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray version 3.7 released
From: clipka
Date: 12 Nov 2013 16:59:22
Message: <5282a4ba$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.11.2013 20:23, schrieb MichaelJF:

> Sometimes I'm a bit fast with nitpicking I fear. But in the first discussion
> about this problem Chris Cason himself stated that this issue would be a main
> obstacle to release 3.7 finally.

Indeed. And we wouldn't have done a final release if we hadn't thought
it fixed for good.

As a matter of fact we /did/ fix the problem reported back then:
Yet-unrendered blocks sometimes being skipped when continuing any kind
of render. What cropped up now was instead already-rendered blocks being
overwritten with single-colored blocks when continuing radiosity
renders. Though it would take a slow-rendering scene to notice the
difference.

> I could have filed a bug report too, so Thomas
> is not the only one to be blamed. On the other side, playing more and more with
> the new additions to the Windows editor, e.g. having a texture menu with
> pictures and so on (may be I have not noticed that earlier, but I think this is
> new) and all the other additions from 3.6 to 3.7 (sslt e.g.) I now think, that a
> final release is suited. I don't apologize for my first opinion - since one
> cannot apologize for an opinion - but I changed my opinion now, playing around
> with this wonderful version.

Glad to hear that :-)