POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray version 3.7 released : Re: POV-Ray version 3.7 released Server Time
16 May 2024 13:41:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray version 3.7 released
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Nov 2013 10:07:34
Message: <527fa136$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-11-2013 14:31, clipka wrote:
> Reports of the +C bug appeared only a short time ago, while we had
> already begun the last preparations for the actual release (which had
> virtually nothing to do with changes to the code; stuff like making the
> switch to the new license, setting up the Git repository, and other such
> stuff).
>
> It seems that in this last phase, povray.beta-test hasn't been read by
> any of the developers on a regular basis, so we weren't even aware of
> these +C artifacts and their severity; from what I see now they would
> indeed have warranted halting the release process.
>
> It should be mentioned that while povray.beta-test is a good place to
> discuss /suspected/ issues, the most reliable way of communicating
> /identified/ issues is via http://bugs.povray.org. New entries there
> trigger an email to the members of the dev team.

Yes, I forgot to file a bug report indeed, so I take the blunt impact of
the responsibility :-)

I shall try to reproduce the problem. However, I have not noticed it in
any of my later renders, since my mention of it. So, it may be fairly
difficult to do, especially to make it reproducible. :-(

Thomas