POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with WCF : Re: Adventures with WCF Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with WCF
From: scott
Date: 8 Nov 2013 02:48:55
Message: <527c9767$1@news.povray.org>
> OK, so here's what you have to do.
That seems pretty simple, I'll file that in "useful stuff to remember" :-)

Someone at work introduced me to Arduino a few months ago (they used one
to control a test rig here), I was so impressed how simple it was to set
up and code for that I ordered one myself to tinker with at home - so
that's taking up my "spare" time at the moment. Along with decorating
the house, and playing iRacing, and keeping fit, and ... Fiddling with
C# is pretty low down the list nowadays.

> I'm still pretty sure that .NET was invented for the sole purpose of
> vendor lock-in though. And back when I was whining about it, Mono didn't
> exist. :-P

I'm sad that MS have discontinued proper 3D graphics support with C#.
You used to have the option between XNA or managed DirectX, both of
which were pretty easy to use at perfectly good enough performance
levels. Now you have to use C++ and Windows 8, which is a shame as
that's not really justification enough for me to upgrade from Windows 7
(not to mention relearning all the differences between C++ and C#).