POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh God, WHY? : Re: Oh God, WHY? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh God, WHY?
From: Doctor John
Date: 7 Nov 2013 06:22:00
Message: <527b77d8$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/11/13 08:14, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> That is terribly sad. I witnessed the same about 30 years ago. I noticed
> her before because of her agitated behaviour, but what do you know?
> Then, when she jumped, in front of my eyes at less than 10 m, for a
> short second, I thought: "Oh, she needs to cross to the other platform".
> The mind refuses to accept the evidence.

The strange thing is that now, 15 hours later, I can't accurately
remember the actual jump. A step forward, yes, but then its all blank
until the train stopped halfway down the platform. I probably thought
she was trying to be first on the train so she would have a better
chance of getting a seat.
There were probably another 20 people on the platform and no-one said a
word.

> You know John, it remains an image branded on your retina for the rest
> of your life. I wonder how drivers cope with this. Apparently they are
> confronted quite often to such experiences, at least in some areas I am
> told.

As I said, pray for the driver.

John
--