POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh God, WHY? : Re: Oh God, WHY? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh God, WHY?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Nov 2013 03:14:57
Message: <527b4c01$1@news.povray.org>
On 6-11-2013 21:27, Doctor John wrote:
> I don't know why I'm writing this here but I've just witnessed a
> suicide. A lady threw herself under a train at Pimlico station.

That is terribly sad. I witnessed the same about 30 years ago. I noticed
her before because of her agitated behaviour, but what do you know?
Then, when she jumped, in front of my eyes at less than 10 m, for a
short second, I thought: "Oh, she needs to cross to the other platform".
The mind refuses to accept the evidence.

You know John, it remains an image branded on your retina for the rest
of your life. I wonder how drivers cope with this. Apparently they are
confronted quite often to such experiences, at least in some areas I am
told.

Thomas