POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inner values : Re: Inner values Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inner values
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 5 Nov 2013 15:31:39
Message: <527955ab$1@news.povray.org>
> First, I really hope that the "possible problems" John mentioned are not to
> serious. "Some CT" indicates a certain seriousness, I hope the best for you.

Thanks!

It looked serious for a while but currently everything seems fine.

> My first thought was, if it is more easy to convert the data to df3. I got the
> impression that DICOM is not so far away from df3, after ripping off the
> metadata. Seems to be big-endian too. May be one can exchange the headers of the
> voxel bulk and get a df3 file. I don't know, only an idea.

Yes df3 would have been an option. Using the image stack was simply
the way of least resistance (least work for me at the moment) and it
renders quite fast too.

> The picture is fine but hard to interpret in some areas. If I look at the bottom
> of the image I think I'm looking at your back in an upward direction. If I look
> at the scapula and the clavicula only, I cannot tell apart what is in front and
> what is back. Both are dominated by the green lung in large parts.

It is a front view but difficult to tell with this "transparent
data. In fact the back view can be recognized by the scan bed that
is also included in the data.

> As you speak from publishing your data I can only remind you that DICOM files
> contain medical metadata, which you will strip off first most likely

I think that was a misunderstanding, I did not intend to publish
the DICOM files or derived data sets. I think the render itself is
not so problematic and unsuitable for medical diagnostics. Also it
is a clean scan and should only serve to show off my health ;)