POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching the watcher : Re: Watching the watcher Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching the watcher
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 Oct 2013 06:23:06
Message: <526b980a@news.povray.org>
On 26/10/2013 12:15 AM, Warp wrote:
> Of course there are several hundreds of kinds of sushi, and millions of
> different sushi restaurants, and many make sushi that would put my
> home-made sushi to shame, but in this particular case, it was quite
> disappointing. Home-made clearly beat expensive restaurant sushi.

Do not mistake the price tag for an accurate measure of quality. ;-)

As you all know, some while ago I started baking cakes, for no
particular reason. I was quite surprised at how *good* they taste,
considering I didn't do anything particularly special. If you buy a
sponge cake from the shops, it is light and fluffy, but basically tastes
of exactly _nothing_. Whereas the cake I baked was particularly moist,
and had quite a lot of flavour for a plain sponge cake...

Come to think of it, I haven't baked anything for months. I have a
fan-assisted oven now - supposedly the best kind for baking. I should
bake something, right now!