POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching the watcher : Re: Watching the watcher Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching the watcher
From: Warp
Date: 25 Oct 2013 19:15:33
Message: <526afb95@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> But I bet it tasted better just because you cooked it in your oven in
> your own home.

Personally, I absolutely adore sushi, and make it from time to time.
(A friend of mine taught me how to.)

A couple of weeks ago I went to an actual sushi restaurant. A really
nice one. Quite expensive. I wanted to try sushis made by pros. I ordered
a plate with 8 different kinds of sushi.

I was disappointed. The majority were very bland and lacked the richness
of the kind of sushi that my friend and I make. A couple of variants were
a little better, but not much.

Of course there are several hundreds of kinds of sushi, and millions of
different sushi restaurants, and many make sushi that would put my
home-made sushi to shame, but in this particular case, it was quite
disappointing. Home-made clearly beat expensive restaurant sushi.

--
                                                          - Warp