POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon: wip 4 : Bad weather in Gancaloon: wip 4 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Bad weather in Gancaloon: wip 4
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Oct 2013 07:19:12
Message: <52690230@news.povray.org>
The road leading to the city was in such bad conditions that it needed a
new embankment. Its texture took some time. After a couple of weeks of
painstakingly testing and testing again I have come up with a compromise
I can live with.

Here, the third rain macro of Jaime has been used: rain splashes with
rings on a water surface. These are the pools on the road surface and at
the base of the road embankment.

Those splashes are a bit too bright to my taste. I already dimmed the
emission value as can be seen from the splashes on the rocks but
somehow, the splashes on the water get brighter perhaps because of the
reflection.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gancaloon_two4joy_06.jpg' (179 KB)

Preview of image 'gancaloon_two4joy_06.jpg'
gancaloon_two4joy_06.jpg