POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 23 Oct 2013 13:08:03
Message: <52680273@news.povray.org>
On 10/23/2013 9:57 AM, Shay wrote:

>>> With this kind of misinformation, it's no wonder you've got your political
>>> head on backwards.
>>>
>> No, its reality.
>
> Not yet. But if you move the keep moving the goalpost you might EVENTUALLY get
> there.
>
>> Though, having looked some of (Ron Paul's) stuff up, to see what kind of
>> things I could find on him (note, the newsletter, and its contents, along
>> with interviews he claims he never had, after the fact, are all talked about
>> on "multiple" news sites, and, in many cases, archived on his own bloody
>> website(s), so..., it leaves me with a disturbing picture of what you think
>> the government really is doing, and why you fear it, or any solution that
>> doesn't involve dismantling it, so badly.
>
> Millions dead, Millions more in prison, and Trillions in corporate relief to
> protect the interests of your totalitarian champions, and THIS is your criticism
> of the opposition?!!
>
> You're mad with power.

And, of course, there is the lies you tell, because you can't imagine
that someone could be apposed to any of those things themselves, yet
still believe in government. Tell me, who do "you" trust to lie to you?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/10/22/who-do-you-trust-to-tell-you-lies/

Apparently, you think career politicians, with insane ideas, is a good
option. People who, if they got what they wanted, would be the ones with
all the power, while you would still have none at all. Because, nothing
they want to do will make you as rich as they already are. I haven't
seen a single "libertarian" politician who wasn't at least as monied as
the people they claimed to appose, or a follower, who wasn't doing so
because they had next to nothing, and the promise of this delusional
political philosophy is a Robin Hood like claim that, "The Sheriff and
false king, are stealing all your money and freedom, and we plan to give
it back to you." Its just too bad that these people, when you actually
look hard enough at what they really do say, and how they do act, and
who they do help, bare a stronger resemblance to the crazy Robin Hood in
Time Bandits, than ... any of the others.