POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Oct 2013 00:33:50
Message: <5266002e$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/21/2013 2:51 PM, Shay wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 09:13 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:

>>> Even though many of them work two jobs or double shifts and still barely
>>> make ends meet.

>>> "Job creators" is the new phrase I think you're looking for. ;)
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>> lol Yeah, and I get that crap even from my father, who should know
>> better, and votes Democratic. "Its funny how all the poor people seem to
>> think they know better how to create jobs than the business owners."
>> Because those people are creating so damned many of them in the US,
>> instead of someplace else. I swear, if the damned Isle of Dr. Moreau was
>> real, you would probably find half the so called "Job creators"
>> investing in the new sweat shop start up on it, and the other half
>> talking about how "sad it is" that American jobs are being lost, but
>> both halves apposing any legislation making it illegal to use transgenic
>> mutants as unpaid labor.
>
> Yeah, and we all know the government spends tax money at Joe's Bait &
> Tackle. No MegaPharm or Haliburton on the receiving end of that
> arrangement, nosiree.

Because, of course, in your universe, no one that has a government job
goes fishing either, but.. the economy works so much better if 4 people
who buy their bait from the Coch Bros Bait and Yachts, the same week
they fire 1,000 people, because they figured out that they could save a
few million by doing so, and pocket it (possibly to buy one of the
yachts, to put the bait on, is doing us "so" much good, by contrast.

And.. just to be clear... which side has been, generally, trying to pass
legislation that at least controls, limits, and/or requires MegaPharm,
or Halliburton to do their own f-ing clean up, or stop selling dangerous
products, etc., and.. which one has cut regulations, insisted on
**keeping** subsidies for them, and then lining their pockets with the
resulting wind fall. Hint: Most of the money that elects Democrats is
"union", which is why huge assed energy companies, and other big money
people, have spent insane amounts of money, to push to kill unions. And,
most of the stock is **not** owned by Democrats, in those same companies.

Or, you want a better example of why I find your position to be BS,
there is one single, organization, which the same organization "claims"
is "grass roots", the organization in question **funded**, in a large
part by the Coch brothers, who keeps busing in all the supposed
protestors. Well, until the latest one, when they stated,
"Unfortunately, our ride decided to cancel, but show up anyway, lets
just hope the money being funneled in for T-shirts and professionally
made posters, doesn't dry up too." Maybe the Halliburtons of the world
are finally realizing that it isn't working as intended too. lol

Also, if you think, for one damn moment, that, should one of yours get
elected, or worse, that already have (since the big lie told by everyone
one of them, to get elected) are actually interested in cutting one
single cent from funding to mega-corporations, energy companies, or
anyone else, and not from, instead, the general public, via the bullshit
of, "The public taxes are supposed to return to the public, and as such,
social programs ***are*** what they are paying for, but we will call
them 'entitlements' and fight to cut them, while keeping massive
kickbacks to big-oil", then you are not just clueless about what the
problem is, you are totally delusional about who actually gives a damn
about *FIXING IT*.