POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Oct 2013 12:13:04
Message: <52615e10$1@news.povray.org>
Oh, and as an example of the bullshit that could be fixed, with the
simple passage of a law that half the damn libertarians out there argue
we should have never created - Just McDonalds alone, by itself, by
refusing to pay a living wage, or give people hours, and without the Fed
being willing to increase the minimum wage to something even "vaguely
better", costs us $7 billion dollars a year, in government assistance.
But, of course, the fact that like 80% of the companies out there,
including some of our biggest retailers are pulling the same shit, has
**nothing** according to any libertarian I have even seen discuss the
issue, to do with it. People are, according to them, just too lazy to
find better jobs.

At one time, the Republicans thought unions where the answer, of course,
until certain elements cherry picked bad ones out of the mix, then lied
about all of them being corrupt, or "ruining business". Just more of the
same "the people are the problem, oh, wait.. I mean 'government', so
lets give corporati... err, I mean the ric.. err, no.. 'individual
entrepreneurs'.. That's it! free reign." Now, most of the the current
generation of Republicans actually think "labor day" is about
"capitalism, and business", and from the idiocy I saw last labor day
from the public, even the ones old enough to know better seem to think
its true, not "unions". When you can manage to lie so effectively that
even your holidays, and history, gets changed to accommodate the lies...

Its not the governments side of this mess that has become lopsided, and
the single most effective means to "cut entitlements", and the one
single one that not one of these fucking idiots want to do, is "actually
fucking pay people a sane wage, for their work." Hell, based on
inflation, my own job, at the moment, and its unlikely I will find jack
shit otherwise in this city, or can afford to move to look, especially
right now, will *eventually* in some far future date, pay me $5 less
than what most of the financial experts say "should be" the minimum,
which, of course, of $8 higher than what it is now. They can all kiss my
ass, including the people that say we shouldn't have the law that makes
them pay me the shitty wage I already get.