POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Going dark : Re: Going dark Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Going dark
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Oct 2013 17:02:46
Message: <52605076$1@news.povray.org>
> Welcome back.
>
> It happened to me at work with a PSU too (was replaced under warranty:
> added symptom, would turn off at random, after a few day, and not
> restart unless voodoo was performed)).

It ran for about 8 months continuously. A month ago I rebooted it, and
the BIOS refused to proceed due to the CPU temperature. I vacuumed the
fluff out of it, and then it worked fine for another month. Unplugged it
all, drove it down the road, plugged it in... nothing. Absolutely dead.
When you hit the switch, the fans twitch, and that's it. Even the power
light seemed dimmer... damned weird.

Still, this is my first modular PSU. Usually you pay £££ for that, but
this PSU was a mere £30, which isn't bad. Some of the cables where a
little shorter than I'd like, and they're all sheathed so they're a bit
stiff and don't want to unbend, but otherwise I'm really happy with it.

> is the bandwidth worth the price ?

Well, I'm not sure. To get broadband, you have to have telephone service
as well, which is probably why it's so pricey. (The actual broadband
component itself is only £16/month, and it's 40 MBit/sec, which is
absurdly fast.)

> you missed the yummy yummy cloud animation (links in p.b.i )

OK...