POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Going dark : Re: Going dark Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Going dark
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Oct 2013 16:57:06
Message: <52604f22$1@news.povray.org>
>> Holy hell, I'm back! :-D
>
> Welcome back!  How was the move, and how's the new place?

The move wasn't too bad. Dealing with my mother was a total PITA of
course. If I could have done things slowly and carefully it would have
been much easier than having her hurrying me along every three seconds.
Needless to say, I now have a significant amount of shelves, due to my
mother's shelf obsession.

For a while it's been like living in a campsite here. Only recently have
I got everything straightened out enough that it actually feels like
home, not a temporary hotel or something.

During daylight I really love my new flat. At night, it creeps me out
that the entire world can see me through the paper-thin curtains, and
everyone in the building can hear me. I really need some decent
curtains; so I can have some privacy, and so I'm not heating the street
every time I turn the heating on.

Other than that, my PC was pretty much the last major thing to get set
up. I'm still waiting for a sofa to arrive, but I've got a table and
chairs. The flat came with a working cooker, freezer and washing
machine. The electric hob takes some getting used to; you have to turn
it on about 20 minutes before you want to cook anything, and once it's
hot it'll stay hot for 20 minutes after you turn it off. In short,
there's no way of controlling the amount of heat the food gets. On the
other hand, the fan oven should make baking a lot easier...

I especially enjoyed that the paperwork for the flat contains the manual
for the previous boiler, and not the one presently fitted. :-D

It's really wonderful to be able to come home and just COOK something.
No more trying to second-guess what my mother is going to do; I can just
EAT! This is why I moved out. Well, that and the ability to actually
have visitors.

Speaking of which, several of the people at my dance class seem to be
under the impression that there will be a house-warming party. I kinda
like the idea of that, but I don't know how many humans you can fit in a
one-bed flat, and I'm also not sure exactly what I would *do* with them
once they're here... we shall see.

My last bank statement was scary. It's alarming to see the money out
column has MORE DIGITS in it than the money in column. :-S Welcome to
never having any money ever again. ;-)

Oh, and my boss tells me I might want to update my CV, because the
company *may* go under shortly. O_O

(NOW you tell me?!)