POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld : Re: Ringworld Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Oct 2013 03:27:47
Message: <525e3ff3@news.povray.org>
On 16-10-2013 6:31, posfan12 wrote:
> I tried increasing the size of the media surrounding the sun and it
> completely disappeared. Is that the stupid epsilon again?

No, it probably has to do with the scaling. If you increase the size of
the container you have to decrease proportionally the scattering media
in order to keep the same visible effect. In your code this would mean
for example:

#declare corona_size = 100;

	sphere
	{
		0, corona_radius
		hollow
		material
		{
			texture
			{
				pigment {rgbt 1}
			}
			interior
			{
				media
				{
					scattering {1, light_color/20/corona_size}	// needs to be divided
by corona_radius doesn't it?
					//emission light_color/1000
					density
					{
						function{1/(x*x + y*y + z*z)/corona_radius}
						density_map
						{
							[0 rgb 0]
							[1 rgb 1]
						}
						scale corona_radius
					}
				}
			}
		}
scale corona_size
	}

Your use of corona_radius is OK but may complicate things. I would
suggest to develop your media on a unit scale sphere and only then
rescale it all at once. You do not need corona_radius in that case.

Thomas