POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld : Re: Ringworld Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Oct 2013 03:12:38
Message: <525ceae6$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-10-2013 18:28, posfan12 wrote:

> I wasn't satisfied with my other attempts at generating the landscape.
> There are supposed to be mountains along each edge of the ring, correct?

There are the so-called spill-mountains along the edge which serve to
recycle the sludge from the deep seas.

> Also, I liked the idea of having a navigable water corridor circling the
> entire structure.

Now that you are a member of the Known Space Ringworld Engineers Group
(KSREG), you are entirely free to model your world as you understand it.
Beware however from the very strict orthodox engineers around as they
are disguised Pak Protectors. ;-)

Thomas