POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Shay
Date: 13 Oct 2013 18:21:24
Message: <525b1ce4$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/13/2013 03:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 07:31:59 -0500, Shay wrote:
>
>>> I'm not going to get into a strawman debate on the issue.
>>>
>> And here we are, right back in the middle of every argument you've ever
>> had with Warp ... at the "Strawman" strawman.
>>
>> If you're EVER interested in understand the case for limited government
>> beyond "some people hate the poor," let me know.
>
> <shrug>
>
> That's really just complete nonsense, that the "strawman" is itself a
> strawman.  You've decided what question I asked and answered that, rather
> than answering the question I actually asked.
>
> You had the debate you wanted to have, answered the question you wanted
> to answer, and ignored my question.
>
> When you're interested in having a discussion about reality rather than a
> hypothetical situation that actually isn't reflected in reality, you let
> *me* know.

I answered your questions, Jim. Both of them. Only after pointing out
the inferences loaded into them, but I did answer them. You'll do
anything to avoid actual discussion of this topic. It's transparent.

I don't know if you spend your days surrounded by children or idiots who
fall for that kind of crap, or if you just *think* you do. But I've laid
out my case plainly enough for anyone willing to learn from it.

  -Shay