POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Oct 2013 13:11:00
Message: <52583124$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:14:23 -0500, Shay wrote:

> I don't want /my/ lifestyle choices to pick another man's my pocket
> or break his leg. I want them to remain /my/ lifestyle choices ... and
> for your choices to remain yours.

If you break your leg and have elected to not have health insurance, then
it kinda sucks to be you.

Except that it doesn't, because here in the US, you get treated whether
or not you have insurance.

So it seems only fair that you be mandated to carry some form of
insurance, since you'll get the benefit from the system.

Or are you saying that hospitals should leave the sick, injured, and
dying on the doorstep if they don't have insurance?

Jim