POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spending time on a flight (eternal WIP) : Re: Spending time on a flight (eternal WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spending time on a flight (eternal WIP)
From: scott
Date: 11 Oct 2013 10:48:52
Message: <52580fd4$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, if I was more of a globetrotter, the notion of always having a
> (POWERFUL, i. e. multi-core with at least 16 GiB, of course running
> under good old XP Professional (not nowadays' wannabe-smartphone OSs!),
> if not under Linux) laptop with me feels tempting...

I used to be in my old job and never looked back since getting a new
job. There is nothing fun about carrying around a heavy laptop with a
power brick the size and weight of a real brick. Yes you can run POV or
play the latest games on it (and burn your legs in the process), but
whilst actually travelling (as in on a plane or train or whatever) I
found it far more fun/relaxing to look out the window or watch the guy
in the next row edit his power point.