POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spending time on a flight (eternal WIP) : Re: Spending time on a flight (eternal WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spending time on a flight (eternal WIP)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 11 Oct 2013 10:15:44
Message: <52580810$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 08.10.2013 21:27, Eero Ahonen wrote:
> In July I visited Great Britain and when flying back home, I started
> tweaking around on the airplane. So this is something I'll continue
> tweaking when flying back home from pretty much anywhere, Ie. tired,
> exhausted and nothing else to do, while I simply don't easily catch any
> sleep at airplane.
>
> So, this is from July.

You know you have been raytracing for too long...

...when you buy a laptop just to raytrace while travelling!

Yes, if I was more of a globetrotter, the notion of always having a
(POWERFUL, i. e. multi-core with at least 16 GiB, of course running
under good old XP Professional (not nowadays' wannabe-smartphone OSs!),
if not under Linux) laptop with me feels tempting... just imagine me
venturing into the valleys of the Wakhan corridor, with one or two
donkeys carrying my terrain surveying, raytracing and solar power
equipment, and then doing live in-situ POVghanistan!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar