POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon [wip 1] : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon [wip 1] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon [wip 1]
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Oct 2013 04:53:47
Message: <5251251b$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/2013 12:27 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> I've been wondering whether I have a family tartan.  I've been told all my life
> that my surname is Scottish, but recently my sister told me that it is actually
> Welsh.  (How can I not know?  Because my surname doesn't reflect my ancestry,
> which is (mostly) African.)  My surname doesn't show up at either Web site.

I suppose it depends on how your family got their surname.
IIRC you are from the West Indies, I can't remember if it is Barbados or
the Bahamas. It might have been taken from the white slave master as a
generic one or from an individual. The latter would give you blood ties,
of course.
As for Welsh or Scottish, it might be obvious to a Brit.
Jones, Welsh, Robertson probably Scots etc.

--
Regards
     Stephen