POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 strangeness : Re: df3 strangeness Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 strangeness
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Sep 2013 04:00:17
Message: <52492f91@news.povray.org>
On 29-9-2013 18:01, MichaelJF wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, sometimes one overlooks the obvious. I just made a notice
> to rerender my "Eruption" image with higher samples next days. I had only 100
> there but df3-files with 1024^3 voxels (some 1 GByte each) and in certain areas
> where I know that there is density nothing appeared.

Something else which I just discovered by chance. Scaling the container
in which the media is put to the original object's bounding box, reduces
dramatically the number of samples needed. Initially, I used a standard
box{-1,1} and needed at least 300 to 400 samples for the skeleton. Now I
used box{Min,Max translate Center} and only need 50 samples!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gt_df3_test.png' (58 KB)