POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 strangeness : Re: df3 strangeness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 strangeness
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Sep 2013 08:02:15
Message: <524816c7@news.povray.org>
There is still something that I do not understand.

I have now scaled back the df3 files, using for a defined object Obj:

#local Min   = min_extent(Obj);
#local Max   = max_extent(Obj);
#local Size  = Max-Min;

Superposing the object and the df3 files, flipping the df3 files along y
(Gilles Tran), and resizing the df3 files, I note the following:

1) the x-axis needs also to be flipped! Visible especially with
asymmetrical objects (skeleton)
2) the skeleton df3 needs an additional x-axis scale correction: scale
<-3.0,-1,1>*Size
3) the head df3 needs a /different/ x-axis scale correction: scale
<-2.3,-1,1>*Size

The two images show orthographic views.

Question: If the df3 are made to a unit-sized box, why does the x-axis
need a correction different from object to object?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gt_df3_test_1.jpg' (54 KB) Download 'gt_df3_test_2.jpg' (73 KB)

Preview of image 'gt_df3_test_1.jpg'
gt_df3_test_1.jpg

Preview of image 'gt_df3_test_2.jpg'
gt_df3_test_2.jpg