POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 strangeness : Re: df3 strangeness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 strangeness
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Sep 2013 03:09:39
Message: <5247d233$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-9-2013 17:23, MichaelJF wrote:
> I can only guess your problem, but I think you are missing some structure (e.g.
> the ribs) here.

I know. That is a resolution problem most probably. My wondering was
about the stretching along the z-axis of the df3 compared to the
original model. I later guessed (and Le_Forgeron confirmed) that df3
files scale to the unit-sized box which I had not been aware of at all.
By chance my first test was with an almost spherical object ;-)

If so, it makes the use of df3 files from selected objects a bit more
tricky to use, I mean, an extra transformation is needed, back to the
original bounding box size using min_ and max_extent.

Thomas