POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 strangeness : Re: df3 strangeness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 strangeness
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Sep 2013 03:01:25
Message: <5247d045@news.povray.org>
On 28-9-2013 17:19, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> what is strange ?
> The df3 describes a unit-cube, with distinct resolution along each axis,
> but it is only a unit-cube.

Well, /that/ is exactly what I am wondering. Does the df3 /always/ scale
to the unit-sized box? whatever the bounding box of the object is? I
probably missed something but I do not remember having read this anywhere.

That puts my earlier observation of squeezing into another light...

> So, with such model, you need a scale around 3 or so along the vertical
> axis on the field to restore the kind of posture you had on the original.

No, more probably along the z-axis as that is visibly stretched out.

> Or did I missed again some red circle ?

<grin> no.

Thomas