POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where after all it is: df3? : Re: Where after all it is: df3? Server Time
15 May 2024 03:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where after all it is: df3?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Sep 2013 10:09:54
Message: <5246e332@news.povray.org>
On 28-9-2013 15:53, LanuHum wrote:

>> You may not want to go to the Internet link given by Michael, but you
>> *will* find there the best POV-Ray scene examples explaining the use of
>> df3 files...
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Excuse, I looked it several times
> You have to understand that I am the persistent person if I connect blender and
> povray, but,
> I don't understand that it is necessary to show for df3 file creation
> It is a shame to me, but I can't understand
> Therefore, I ask that to me showed a concrete step
> You have a blank disk, you write in pov_file density_file df3 "MYDF3FILE.df3"
> At you no, this file, disk pure.
> What do you do that you had this file?
> Make though record of video from the screen, please!
> You write:
> box {<-1,-1,-1> <1,1,1> interior
>                  {  media {scattering { 1, <0,0,0> } density {  density_file df3
> "MYDF3FILE.df3"
> You have clear disk! What do you do that you had this file "MYDF3FILE.df3"?

The df3 file was made by the following steps:
1) I build an object, or a blob, whatever I want to make a df3 file from.
2) a POV-Ray animation makes a series of tga images, slicing an object
(or a blob) along the z-axis. The more images/slices the higher the
final resolution. I use 99 images/slices.
3) tga2df3.exe reads those images and generates a df3 file.

Note: I have no idea how tga2df3.exe works. Somebody more expert could
probably explain.

Please, download Gilles Tran's demo files. They are very comprehensive.

That is all.

Thomas