POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object : Re: Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Sep 2013 03:07:47
Message: <52428bc3$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-9-2013 17:49, Samuel Benge wrote:
>> ...or like this.
>
> Hmm, that /is/ kinda creepy.

It is indeed. Something nobody noticed yet ;-) the shape is squeezed
along the x-axis. Presently, I don't know why this is; either during the
slicing or during the df3 generation. I need to look into this.

> Reminds me of a dream I had once... I dreamed that when we die, out bodies began
> to enlarge slowly, and pretty soon we were big, translucent human shapes -- much
> like clouds -- floating in the skies.

That would be nice! It is an end I can look favourably upon :-)

> I guess that it would be true in one sense, because the electromagnetic energy
> that our bodies produce (including the EM energy coming from our brains) expands
> outward spherically (more or less). Which star systems are 36 light years away
> from us, anyway? My ever-expanding "sphere" has probably reached them by now ;)
> (Assuming, of course, that the universe is continuous and my EM field hasn't
> encountered problems along the way, not to mention that fact that Sol and its
> subjects don't stay put.)

Taking the idea further, our /clouds/ would seed new stars. Well, that
happens already: we are truly star dust from earlier star generations
and the remains of the solar system will probably disperse and be
incorporated into other clouds.

> Oh yeah, real ghosts would look different than they appear in the movies, BTW.
> Real ghosts would probably show veins, organs, bones, etc. But nobody really
> thinks about that, so it's all good :)

Hmmm... I wonder about that. Ghosts being the quintessential parts of a
being, it would only bear the outer shape of it, if at all. No need for
all the internal organs ;-)

Thomas
(Ghosthunter by Royal Privilege)