POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object : Re: Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 23 Sep 2013 11:11:14
Message: <52405a12$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/23/2013 10:53 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Now, the previous image was based on a df3 generation without focal blur
> (Aperture parameter in Gilles Tran's macro). With a bit of focal bur
> (Aperture 1) you get a more fuzzy image like this.
>
> More transformations can be obtained by the use of warp {turbulence}
> within the density block of the media but be aware that the basic shape
> of the object is soon lost, and that may not be the intention.
>
> Thomas
And you completely took away our saying we are green with envy...

These look great and are much more detailed with respect to the head
shape than what I did with the ghost image. As to your last statement
about warp { turbulence }, remember Jamie's trick to scale turbulence
with respect to an object/pattern. It is a trick I used in the ghost
image. Namely:

// Credit: Jaime Vives Piqueres for warp turbulence scaling. Tierra zip.
www.ignorancia.org.

#macro WarpShapesA_2 ()
     scale 1.0/0.9000
     warp {
         turbulence 0.1500
         octaves    6
         lambda     2.0000
         omega      0.6500
     }
     scale 0.9
#end

So to have a lot of scaled down, but heavier, turbulence, you first
scale the "thing" up, apply the turbulence warp, then scale everything
back to the original size.

Bill P.