POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Sep 2013 02:21:29
Message: <523fdde9$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 22:09:54 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Very few of the people I know are like that.
>>> But I won't argue, for once. :-)
>>
>> Awww, that's no fun. ;)
>>

> For you maybe. :-)

Well, from my point of view, that's the one that matters. ;)

>>> Fairy Nuff. ;-)
>>
>> :)
>>

> Up yer chuff.
> Oops! did I say that out loud?

I believe you did. :)

>> Based on that, I can respect (even if I don't agree with) his decision
>> to use Macs. ;)
>>

> A techy he was not.

Certainly true, though he was a fan of technology.

> (A worker he was not either.)

:)

>>> Somehow some people think that most people want to hear that. I could
>>> be wrong and I was, once before. ;-)
>>
>> LOL
>
> I'm quoting from Peanuts.

Interesting, I don't recognise it as Peanuts myself.

>> Exactly.  And yeah, no offense taken - I see this with a lot of people
>> I interact with over here - the only thing that matters is them, not
>> the other people around them.
>>
> :-(

Black Friday is about the best example.

>> It's less common amongst liberals, I think, than conservatives.  The
>> irony is that many conservatives claim to be Christian, but then do
>> things like cut foot stamp programs because they help those
>> "freeloading poor people".  Yeah, because living high on the hog when
>> you're poor is *so* great.
>>

> Grrr!
>
> We have the likes here too. :-(

As someone who actually tried to collect unemployment (and someone who is
reportedly pretty smart), I couldn't see how the system could be "gamed"
the way that is claimed.

Maybe I'm just not devious enough.

>> One of the most eye-opening experiences I had was going to Moscow when
>> I was 17.  Seeing that people there were essentially the same as people
>> here really colored my worldview about the difference between people
>> and politicians/politics.
>>

> Yeah, people are people. It's the bloody politicians and religion, in
> fact leaders in general that give us a bad name.

Yup.

>>> :-D
>>
>> I know, a shock. :)
>>
> No, a delight.

I'll take that, too. :)

> This is radio free Stephen, signing off until next weekend. :-)

LOL

Jim