POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Slicing a media object : Re: Slicing a media object Server Time
13 May 2024 23:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slicing a media object
From: Warp
Date: 22 Sep 2013 15:46:54
Message: <523f492e@news.povray.org>
IanDean <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> My issue is that when intersecting my current single array with a box, the
> cylinder ends become black, they don't retain the color of the cylinders if the
> box wasn't there. I've tried all combinations of intersection and difference

If you are applying an intersection between a pre-textured object and
another object, and you want for the cut parts to have the texture of
the first object, you have to use the 'cutaway_textures' keyword in
the intersection.

> 2) How can I do this rendering, but with a white background? I don't see
> anything when I make it so.

Emissive media can only add to the color behind it, never subtract
from it. Therefore any emissive media against a fully white background
will become white.

You'll have to add some absorbing component to the media if you want
it to be seen against a white background.

--
                                                          - Warp