POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using AOI & orthographic camera to bring out detail in DEM based isosurface. : Re: Using AOI & orthographic camera to bring out detail in DEM basedisosurface. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using AOI & orthographic camera to bring out detail in DEM basedisosurface.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 20 Sep 2013 19:59:16
Message: <523ce154@news.povray.org>

> Hi(gh)!
>
> An isosurface from a DEM?!? Does it follow Earth's curvature or is it
> simply a flat "heightfield"? Could you render any surface vistas in
> "pedestrian view"?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Hi Yadgar,
No, the images do not follow the Earth's curvature. The elevation data
as provided by the state government here is set up as "flat" tiles which
can be stitched together.

I haven't tried pedestrian views having gotten distracted by other
things, but it is on my list to do. I have the idea to do it in
combination with the SkySim macro for the sun & sky on some give day at
my position just to see if things match up!

Bill P.