POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shadertoy : Re: Shadertoy Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadertoy
From: scott
Date: 20 Sep 2013 03:20:44
Message: <523bf74c$1@news.povray.org>
> If you've got a PC with a decent graphics card, you might want to have a look at
> Shadertoy.com - it's more technical than writing pov code, and more prone to
> glitches, but it's so much faster!

Good find! The best bit is you can just hit play and instantly your
creation (or an error...) is shown rendered in real-time. No need to
mess about with boiler-plate code, just write the pixel shader.

> I've ported a few of my old POV-Ray scenes to it -
> https://www.shadertoy.com/user/TekF/sort=love - it's amazing to see them running
> in realtime.

Very good, I'll have to look up some of mine that are suitable. I'm
amazed at what some people have achieved on there.