POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fps : Re: fps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fps
From: scott
Date: 19 Sep 2013 03:37:35
Message: <523aa9bf$1@news.povray.org>
> I heard a rumor there's already something like $1billion of preorders.
> Even my sons classmates that aren't really gamers are excited about it.

Ditto in my office, stories are rife of people you'd never expect to
play games staying up until the early hours with it.

> I will prbably have to wait another year before it is released on PC
> though.

Same here, not to mention my PS3 fried itself a couple of weeks ago, I
just can't get to grips with using a gamepad for these sort of shooting
games. I do OK running about and driving, but when I need to run about
and aim and shoot at the same time I can't do it. Give me a keyboard and
mouse please!

> The GTA series will really give you action. Just start shooting at
> police and you will have war on your hands.

I played FarCry3 recently, this is similar. After you get through the
initial forced storyline bit you are free to roam the islands, start
shooting random pirates or start taking out their bases. If you don't
manage to take them out silently they'll soon call for trucks of
reinforcements. I would think you need to follow the story "missions" to
get the most out of it though (similar to GTAV I would imagine if it's
anything like the previous versions).