POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: scott
Date: 18 Sep 2013 11:34:56
Message: <5239c820$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't see how it's any different to any other modern GUI in terms of
>> graphical capabilities. The icons are much bigger because it's meant for
>> much higher dpi screens and using your fingers rather than a mouse.
>
> And the reduced colour set and the all-caps sans serif text and the
> square button edges?

The buttons seem to me to be full resolution 24bit colour, and I don't
see how all-caps and square edges are anything to do with graphical
capability - that's just design decisions.

If you want to see what it would look like with 30-year-old graphics
capability then take any of the screen-grabs of Win8 from Google image
search, and convert it to 160x256x3bpp or 640x256x1bpp (the modes the
BBC had at the time). Then scroll it across your screen at 1fps :-)