POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pimlico Skyline : Re: Pimlico Skyline Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pimlico Skyline
From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Sep 2013 10:22:16
Message: <52371418@news.povray.org>
On 15/09/13 17:57, MichaelJF wrote:

> First I did not understand why you put your request at o-t. For sure, your image
> is a photograph (cell-phone?), but you asked for ideas to model it. What is on
> topic IMO. (If you would not need ideas you wouldn't it posted. I guess).

I was being slightly ironic, I wasn't asking p.o-t for real suggestions
and the image appears here because (for once) I obeyed the rule that
images must _not_ be posted in p.o-t.
The real reason for posting the image was to show a few people, who
don't like London, how incredible it can look.

> I have just finished an image with a screen wide "cloud" (see last tc-rtc round)
> and run into several difficulties. Larger parts of the cloud are invisible using
> df3-files derived from Gilles makecloud-macros.
> In your photograph I see mainly two clouds: A cirrocumulus over the whole sky
> and a cumulus with this red and blue lighting. I fear the red and blue lighting
> you must achieve with lightgroups and spotlights to have the white as well. If
> you will create such a cumulus you can use Gilles's macros but you will have to
> use an other "ground" object as he calls it (a difference of scaled cylinders
> should work in your case). Study his code as you have not always did. For the
> cirrocumuli: I'm just working on a similiar setting (using Jaime's Lightsys of
> course). It is a bit like the contrail I have in my last TC-RTC entry but I will
> have more density at one end, which corresponds to your picture. It mainly
> consists of a (turbulenced) crackle density.

Personally, I prefer to use Jaime Piqueres approach with an occasional
look at people like Chris Horman etc. That said, your suggestions are
entirely welcome and interesting

John
--
The level of my sarcasm depends upon the level of your stupidity