POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Sep 2013 17:09:35
Message: <5236220f$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/09/2013 7:08 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
.

> Well, you just want to use it as a tool - you don't want to be a
> mechanic. :)

But the sad thing is, I did want to be a mechanic. Well an electronic,
mechanic. And I was for many years.
When I started working with computers. You had to enter about a dozen
instructions in binary (or BCD) into switch registers just to tell it
that you wanted it to read from a paper tape reader. Then you would load
an operating system then load the program. Then wind the tape back into
rolls.
Now it is a washing machine. That does (or mostly not) what I want it to do.

> Some of the ultras are supposed to be pretty good - ISTR that Dell has
> something like the Macbook Air now.

Why is that a standard?
Anyway I will look into it, I don't want to spend a fortune for
something that will run Blender, I can't see me seriously using Pov on
it for a while.

> I'm actually a little surprised that
> Apple hasn't sued them yet.

They have probably got enough on their plate atm.

--
Regards
     Stephen