POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Sep 2013 02:04:08
Message: <5233fc58$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/2013 6:26 PM, MichaelJF wrote:

> Stephen has CSG here as he stated in his description how he made his entry. IIRC
> Bill scaled the DAZ mesh Aiko 3 down along the normal a very small amount and
> filled the difference with a media. I tried the same with my ghosts in my TC
> entry May 2012, not as successful as Bill unfortunetally.
>
> With CSG you cannot simply scale it down. For Bill's approach you must really
> model an inner object, which can prove hard. I did this with the camera, the
> table and the microphone wihtin this "Rose Garden" image and remember the
> difficulties quite well enough.

Bill's 2006 IRTC entry for Absence is one of the best, IMO.

I tried to emulate it but found it too difficult to do. So in 2008 I
used a different method for the Wizard animation challenge. Described here:
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/member/imagenewdisplay/index176.html

The problem with making CSG or mesh models transparent, is the internal
parts show when it is partly transparent.
It just looks a mess.

--
Regards
     Stephen