POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Sep 2013 00:09:45
Message: <52329009@news.povray.org>
On 12/09/2013 10:41 PM, Ive wrote:
> Am 12.09.2013 21:06, schrieb Stephen:
>
>> Even when painted, the grain would show through?
>
> See attached image, a closeup of the original BBC prop.
> I've used the wood grain mostly as normal-map to replicate this effect.

It is very well done.
But now that you make me think of it. The police boxes of my youth were
made of concrete. It made them harder to burn down.

> Ah, I remembered vaguely having seen some POV-Ray Daleks not *that* long
> ago. This was it.

The credit for those go to David Harris, whose Moray model can be
downloaded here. http://www.stmuc.com/moray/memisc.html

>> Your image is near perfect except for the colour. ;-)
>>

> Sure ;)  You love the "Tooth and Claw" episode from 2006 when David
> Tennant speaks in his *natural* accent, don't you?

No, I've never seen it. I stopped watching Dr. Who by the Sylvester
McCoy, incarnation.
Trivia: David Tennant was my wife's best friend's daughter's Sunday
school teacher, at one time.

I did try to make my model of the Tardis de-materialise but it was not a
success. :-(

--
Regards
     Stephen