POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: Ive
Date: 12 Sep 2013 17:41:44
Message: <52323518@news.povray.org>
Am 12.09.2013 21:06, schrieb Stephen:

> Even when painted, the grain would show through?

See attached image, a closeup of the original BBC prop.
I've used the wood grain mostly as normal-map to replicate this effect.

> In my youth, when I was courting my wife. Her close (tenement entrance)
> was next to a police box and a bus stop. So I had plenty of time to
> study the police box after I had seen her home. I do not remember any
> sign of a wood grain on that Tardis. Vomit and urine, yes. ;-)
> Another thing I remember is that in my home city the police boxes were
> pillar box red and when Dr Who was first shown it was in B&W so red they
> always have been to me. As in my rendition in TC-RTC - British Airships
> Past, Present and Future.

Ah, I remembered vaguely having seen some POV-Ray Daleks not *that* long
ago. This was it.

> Your image is near perfect except for the colour. ;-)

Sure ;)  You love the "Tooth and Claw" episode from 2006 when David
Tennant speaks in his *natural* accent, don't you?

> You suspect correctly. Any external wiring would have been cut off and
> sold for scrap.

;)

-Ive

Post a reply to this message