POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Sep 2013 15:06:37
Message: <523210B9.3020701@aol.com>
On 12/09/2013 2:11 PM, Ive wrote:

> It is even build in the same way a carpenter would build the real thing.
> This way it was easy to get the wood textures run always in the right
> directions.

Even when painted, the grain would show through?
In my youth, when I was courting my wife. Her close (tenement entrance)
was next to a police box and a bus stop. So I had plenty of time to
study the police box after I had seen her home. I do not remember any
sign of a wood grain on that Tardis. Vomit and urine, yes. ;-)
Another thing I remember is that in my home city the police boxes were
pillar box red and when Dr Who was first shown it was in B&W so red they
always have been to me. As in my rendition in TC-RTC - British Airships
Past, Present and Future.
Your image is near perfect except for the colour. ;-)

>> A complete aside, but I've always wondered how the wiring got to the
>> actual police call boxes in the day? The boxes seem too short to safely
>> drop wires to them off a pole or building.
>>
> Given that the original boxes where usually mounted on a concrete base,
> I suspect the wiring came from below.

You suspect correctly. Any external wiring would have been cut off and
sold for scrap.

--
Regards
     Stephen