POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some Metals in Scene : Re: Some Metals in Scene Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Metals in Scene
From: Alain
Date: 9 Sep 2013 01:33:41
Message: <522d5db5$1@news.povray.org>

>> On 6-9-2013 13:06, Fractracer wrote:
>>
>> You know that you can set the default output in POV-Ray? In povay.ini
>> add/edit the line:
>>
>> Output_File_Type=N
>>
>> where:
>> ; See section 3.1.2.4.1 (Output File Type) of the Documentation for more
>> info:
>> ; S= BMP, N=PNG, T=TGA (uncompressed), C=TGA (compressed), E=openEXR
>> (High Dynamic Range); H=HDR (High Dynamic Range)
>>
>> Thomas
> I know this option exist (even in command line, no? But I don't know how change
> this - see the doc!) but I always use BMP format (lazyness...).

In version 3.6.x, edit the povray.ini file to add a line with +fn.
Now, all your renders will be as PNG files.
"+fn" will also work on the command line.

Beter solution: upgrade to version 3.7RC7 where the default format is PNG.
As a bonus, irid now works correctly and you will be able to use all
cores on a multicores computer.

Alain