POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A media doodle. : Re: A media doodle. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A media doodle.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Sep 2013 08:02:48
Message: <522c6768@news.povray.org>
On 09/08/2013 03:13 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 8-9-2013 1:08, William F Pokorny wrote:
>> On 09/06/2013 01:08 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>>> I've been a couple days chasing a "Maxfield Parrish" type cloudy sky.
>> Flailed and failed at the Parrish clouds again today, but along the way
>> found my way to another media image I like.
>> Bill P.
>
> Another nice one indeed.
>
> Partly, I suppose, the Parrish effect is in the illumination of the
> clouds from outside, like sunset or sunrise? That is different from what
> you try to achieve.
>
> Thomas
Thanks.

Yes exactly, like clouds side lit by the sun at sunrise and sunset. My
understanding is Parrish would lay down layers of color and clear
lacquer as the base for his paintings. I think he got close to capturing
the actual color pop and depth I've seen in the sky with a low sun &
clouds - especially in northern climes in the fall months.

The approach I've been trying is to use actual layers in the media. To
do something like what he did with paint and lacquer with povray media.
The media layering more or less works out, but getting the "clouds" &
clarity is another matter.

This attached image is as close as I have gotten. It is perhaps not to
bad for color, but I think it too fuzzy, too blurry.
Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clouds08.jpg' (59 KB)