POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A media doodle. : Re: A media doodle. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A media doodle.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 7 Sep 2013 11:11:11
Message: <522b420f$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/07/2013 02:50 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 6-9-2013 19:08, William F Pokorny wrote:
>> I've been a couple days chasing a "Maxfield Parrish" type cloudy sky.
>> Thought I'd post this failure as I liked it for what it was and thought
>> others might too.
>> Bill P.
>
> A star creche. Remember that Hubble photograph?
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,
I'm not sure which Hubble image you have in mind, however yes, I think
this would make a good start on such an image.

In fact this rings a bell - reminds me. Indeed, there was a post to
povray.general early this year by "cubicApocalypse" which was a great
start on just such an image.

All the working code was posted there along with link to a working
image. Looking at that code anew, we both are using multiple medias in
the interior block as part of the approach though different approaches
otherwise.

Bill P.