POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : netpbm, ppm, read bug : Re: netpbm, ppm, read bug Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: netpbm, ppm, read bug
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 7 Sep 2013 09:11:43
Message: <522b260f$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/10/2013 03:01 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
Posted this and the tarball to http://bugs.povray.org as : "FS#307 -
netpbm, ppm, read bug where first data byte CR char" so we do not lose
track of it.

For anyone hitting this issue... My work around was to convert to the
PNG format which povray interprets without issue. If using the netpbm
program, pnmtopng, to convert, you might need to change the default
gamma correction from the ppm format if it contained linear data.

Bill P.