POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Sep 2013 00:49:00
Message: <5226bbbc$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/3/2013 11:09 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:06:35 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> The number of "botnets" around hasn't changes much, like, at all, so,
>> the whole entirely reason for putting such a filter in, in the first
>> place, is totally meaningless, which makes having it.. what? A good
>> idea? lol
>
> That's like saying that not everyone follows the law, so we should get
> rid of all laws.
>
> Jim

Its more like insisting that you build walls around the city, and place
armed guards at each entry, on the theory that it will stop you from
being invaded, while the "invaders", have.. tanks, bombers, cruise
missiles..

What is the point of a law that can't be enforced? Its different if it
can be. But, if all it does is turn your computer into the TSA...